Problems with suunto D4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sergiogh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone!

I have a D4 for more than one year and a half, and it was working perfectly. It was cheap, it was good, not so heavy and quite good with calculations.

But one week ago started to act really weird and give me bad readings. At 10m, went automatically to 5m and started the safety stop, and then went to 12m, and then 3m, and then 5m again... all in less than 10 secs.

After that, on the surface started diving by himself... at 1 or 2m, and the water temperature was 80 to 90 celsius degrees.... (yep, I'm still alive! hehehe)

Did this happen to anyone of you? Does anyone knows a place in Malaysia where I can leave it for service?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. My girlfriend has a D4 as well and had to send it back to Findland for service a few months ago.

My problems with my D4 are the following:

Every few months it will randomly reset the time, date, and settings to 0:00

It thinks the water is 86c/150+ f degrees

The D4 has been jumping up and down 5m-10m - When I was at 22.6 meters, it jumped down to 30m, and back up - beeping, and thinking I was going up to fast.

Because of the depth meter being wrong - it puts me into Deco dives.

Final Thoughts:

I love the D4, it's a perfect dive computer, but it has a lot of problems that need to be fixed. This has happened to a lot of divers, dive masters, and instructors I know. I hope Suunto fixes these problems soon.

Warranty: Ask your local dive shop to send it in for warranty. Suunto should fix it for free, but it might take a month to get back to where you are.

Hi Johhnny

After asking lots of people, somebody told me to clean the sensor contacts with toothbrush (without paste) gently. Apparently this problem happend to many people and is due to dirty or dust in the contacts.

I cleaned it, but didn't have the chance to test in the water. Is worth a try!

Cheers.

I have a D4 and have had not even the smallest problem with it. Mine is about 2 - 3 years old or so. Maybe there was a faulty batch of D4's ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom