Lake Michigan diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ukdiver

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had the chance to dive Lake micigan with Inpursuit Adventures. We did 4 wreck dives , one wall dive, and one night dive. The accomadations were great and the Captain was very friendly. the Dive Master was in the water with you and and made sure you seen as much as possible and he was very knowledgeable about the wrecks. I would just kike to say if anyone wants a good dive or night dive on Lake Micigan call Capt. Mike with Inpursuit Adventures. The boat was great and when he brought out pineapple slices after the dive , well I was impressed.
Take care and have a great dive.

Which side of Lk Michigan were you on? Michigan side, I'm guessing?
Maybe this should be moved to the "North America" forum?

I am kind of wondering the same...Lake MI is awfully big....not as big as the ocean, but where in Lake MI were you diving?

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
I am kind of wondering the same...Lake MI is awfully big....not as big as the ocean, but where in Lake MI were you diving?

That would be southern Lake Michigan. It's Npursuit ( www.npursuitcharters.com). I've been out with him a couple times. Wreck on that end are pretty shallow, but they are fun if the vis is good. He leaves from Pasterick marina in Indiana. Cap Mike's a good guy.

Sorry friends, got carried away. Its npursuit adventures, its in East Chicago Indiana at Pastrick Marina. The dives go from 30 Ft. to 80 Ft depending on what you opt. for. You have the underwater forest at 75ft and the new wreck of the Macinaw at 83 ft to the bottom. Various wrecks still in decent condition in 30 to 50 ft.

Hey all - just returned from my first Lake Michigan diving experience... Perhaps it was the stars, lunar alignment, heck - sun spots. I was quite disappointed. The visability left alot to be desired. We dove the Illinois and the Tacoma - both wrecks were around 30' down. Viz on the Illinois was 5-7ft, viz on the Tacoma was about 10-15ft. Was this just a bad day? bad location? - or is this as goods as it gets? Just keeping track of my buddy was a full time job - much less sightseeing....

Ok - one upside - all the dang gobies littered around the wreck were very cool....

ukdiver once bubbled...
Hi everyone, I had the chance to dive Lake micigan with Inpursuit Adventures. We did 4 wreck dives , one wall dive, and one night dive. The accomadations were great and the Captain was very friendly. the Dive Master was in the water with you and and made sure you seen as much as possible and he was very knowledgeable about the wrecks. I would just kike to say if anyone wants a good dive or night dive on Lake Micigan call Capt. Mike with Inpursuit Adventures. The boat was great and when he brought out pineapple slices after the dive , well I was impressed.
Take care and have a great dive.

I'll second that! http://www.npursuitcharters.com/ is the place to click to have a great time in the New Chicago area!! Capt. Dave was very pleasant, thoughtful and helpful, not like some boats I've been on. Great conversation, great taste in music and the pineapple will be a staple in my after-dive snack bag from now on!

Divemaster Dave was great, showing us around the wrecks, pointing out the features of each dive, good with an underwater camera and gobie feeding was cool!!

We can't wait to go back and experience more of what Lake Michigan has to offer with these guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom