Battery low after battery replacement?? Suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fourseventeen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Suunto Favor S. I just had the dive shop put a new battery & o-ring in and test this computer. They gave me the old battery and o-ring back so I know they swapped the stuff. I sold the Favor S and am about to ship it to the buyer. Before I packaged it I wanted to make sure everything worked. When first turn it on it shows only 1 bar on the battery. I called the scuba shop and they said that this is normal and that it will go away soon.

Can anyone confirm this? After having a NEW battery installed the battery indicator still shows it as only having 1 bar??? If this is the case when will it show full bars. I dont want to send this computer off to the buyer and have him upset. If there is an issue I would rather the dive shop resolve it here b4 I sent it out to Florida. Thanks for any info.

When I changed the battery on my Vytec, the display showed a fully charged battery. I would take it back to the shop.

I called the scuba shop and they said that this is normal and that it will go away soon.

Get a new battery from that shop, then get a new shop.

:shakehead:

...actually, your dive shop IS correct, the fact that it's showing '1 bar' WILL go away soon ......it will soon be showing '0' bars. They're probably just used to saying that when they respond to custmers complaining of 'short fills' too.

...actually, your dive shop IS correct, the fact that it's showing '1 bar' WILL go away soon ......it will soon be showing '0' bars.

:rofl3:

Found this while searching the forums here. Looks like the battery is easy to replace...damn it! Oh well. Anyway they say at the end of the thread that it will show a low battery for a short time after replacement. The scuba shop swears up and down they swapped the battery and that it will go away soon. Hmmm.
Suunto Battery Replacement

Was in a shop one day looking in their bin and asked the assistants, a bloke and a sheila, "G'day have you got a battery for a favour thing? He said, "What? Ohh! A dive computer, you have to send it to the fixing mob and they clean it and test, blah blah blah blah blah." Me, "I thought it was a can do it at home, blah blah blah blah blah." Them, "No." The owner walked out of his, fixing room, placed a battery minus o ring on the counter and walked away. Me, "Fantastic, How much do you want for this?" Him, "Thirty dollars." I had obviously passed the dufus test. In my batt comp the sticker said 3.0V or maybe 3.2V, I cant remember. Me, "Mine says such and such rating and this battery is a so and so rating." Him, "That one fits." Me, "I'm going to have to save some money, I didn't budget for battery buying today. Walk out the bloody house, 100 bucks for gas, 100 bucks for some scraps of food, the kids, infinity bucks for dive gear. You actually make twice as much money at work than you think you do because when you're at work you're not spending any bucks. Everyone should just work and sleep and buy dive gear." Them, Huh? ohh, ho ho ho ho ho, ha ha ha ha ha, blah blah blah blah blah." So I drove scraping coins from the floor and crevices of my car to the battery shop and bought a 3.6V 1'2AA lithium, for 11 bucks took it home cleaned and blew on everything found a new o ring and installed it. Plenty of bar, no short fill. Of course then l put it in our test chamber to about 150' with a couple of others on my arm and attatched to my bc or whatever I was wearing that day and they all pretty much had the same numbers so I was happy.
I don't log dives which is stupid because there are many times I wish I had or do.

Take it back to the shop. Get the "old" one tested - maybe they mixed them up. Get a new/fresh one put in. I really don't understand them telling you that it should only read "1 bar". If they are really that bad, change shops.

Back
Top Bottom