Buyoncy devices for still and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

during my search for buyoancy devices for my EX1 I found a plastic foam with closed cell structure which is very robust, pressure tested to 90 m and very leightweight (0,9 kg/L). It was hard to find it. Unfortunetly, I had to buy much more material than I needed. I thought about to sell a solution commercially but dismissed this thought quickly (no time and resources because everything is handmade). As a result I have many spare pieces and I need some free space in my cellar. I would like to sell the devices very cheaply as a private sale. The material is now also used by a european housing manufacturer, they did the pressure tests for me.

The raw material plate I had to buy was cut into 2 kind of pieces. One version is 15 cm long and has +99 g, the other one is 10 cm long and has +49g. Some of them have two holes, are grinded and painted, the raw version has a rose color. To get an impression:

Click me

The painted small version is attached to the monitor, the other version to the arm and to the bigger block over the port. Other images I will send on request.

Prices without postage:

Painted version small (10 cm, +47 g): 1,50 Dollar
Painted version big (15 cm, +97 g): 2,20 Dollar

Raw material small (10 cm, +49 g): 0,70 Dollar
Raw material big (15 cam, +99g): 0,99 Dollar

From my point of view the best ways to attach the devices is the use of duct tape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom