Fashioning a tow rope

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just got a new DPV & was wondering how to go about how to make a tow rope. The DPV is a Hollis H-160 (tow behind style). I need to know how to tie it on, length, knot for adjustment & such. The DPV has eyelets for attaching ropes Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you.

Grab some (7ish feet) cord and put an overhand knot in one end. Run that through the provided hole at the top so the knot acts as a stopper.
DSC_0012_1_.JPG

Thread the running end of the line through the dog clip then bottom eyelet. Tie the line back on itself with two half hitches or another sliding knot.
DSC_0014_1_.JPG

Having an adjustable system allows you to tow it better or tie it off when needed and alows you to adjust the ride to the enviornment. If you would have gotten the orignial it would have come with one attached:mooner:
Let me know how it performs I haven't gotten a chance to see one in real life yet.

Edit, sorry the pics are a bit rough. Been one of those days.

Hi Tammy,

The nylon tow strap should have been included with the package. If you still need one, please PM me your mailing address and I can grab you one :wink:

Regards,

file.php

heres the knot i tied for my hollis scoot. And so far i like mine except for a slight pull to the left which could be something on my fault. The dern thing is pretty fast.

oh ya i had to cut my line because it was a tad bit too long. Oh and you need to leave the bolt snap loose i was told.

Hi Tammy,

The nylon tow strap should have been included with the package. If you still need one, please PM me your mailing address and I can grab you one :wink:

Regards,

Strap received. Thank you!:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom