Geo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SC_Hoaty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone have the Oceanic Geo 2.0? Are you pleased with it? Would you recommend it? Wish you had bought something else?

It's high on my list of "next toy to get" and I want to make sure it deserves that spot.

Thanks!

Anyone have the Oceanic Geo 2.0? ...... It's high on my list of "next toy to get" and I want to make sure it deserves that spot.....

We have designed an online class for it. The first 5 videos are free.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Got mine ordered. Just waiting for it to arrive in Canada....supposed to be here by mid-June.

Hi
I have had mine a couple of months now and just come back from a trip to Truk Lagoon and i can honestly say i love this computer..... I have dived to 50m+ and done Deco dives with it and it is great, clear and easy to read and understand. My wife is going to buy one as well as it was so clear to read.
Phil

Thanks Phil - I was starting to wonder if anyone really owned one!

Your positive experience improves my confidence greatly! Thanks for responding.

I have the 1.0 and love it. My wife is getting certified in August and I'll be getting the 2.0 for myself and she'll get the hand-me-down.

Not sure if the 2.0 has the 10-minute log-mode after surfacing but if it does, at least keep a watch in your bag in case you need the time soon after a dive. There was also an issue of only specific CR2430 batteries working but I'm not sure if that is still an issue.

There was also an issue of only specific CR2430 batteries working but I'm not sure if that is still an issue.

Thanks Chuck. The battery appetite of the original does seem like a problem. I thought I saw some folks suggest a downloadable software upgrade might improve the situtation (change a setpoint perhaps?) but it would be disconcerting to have the unit quit while at depth. (Another reason to plan the dive instead of just relying on the computer to alert you when it is time to surface!)

My LDS has a few happy Geo customers with no battery issues (from what they say) and also said Oceanic did not put out a service bulletin on the batteries.

I, too, hope that whatever the cause, the battery issue will not be a problem in the 2.0

Thanks again for the input.

I have the 1.0 and love it. My wife is getting certified in August and I'll be getting the 2.0 for myself and she'll get the hand-me-down.

Not sure if the 2.0 has the 10-minute log-mode after surfacing but if it does, at least keep a watch in your bag in case you need the time soon after a dive. There was also an issue of only specific CR2430 batteries working but I'm not sure if that is still an issue.

It dose have the 10-minute log-mode but i'm sure if you press the advance button the time came up.

Phil

We have both the 1 and 2. The dive recall menu is quite different between the two. I think recalling and setting is difficult on both. I have resorted to making my own cheat sheets. They read something like "hold upper left for two seconds, then press lower left four times, then press upper right repeatedly." I have the download cable which is the only way to see the detailed profile history but with a two second sampling rate they both only hold a few dives. The general data is stored much longer. The next higher sampling rate is ten seconds so I wish they had a five second. I have had no problems with the batteries.

Thanks Reef Tank

Great information, not only for me, but also for the other folks posting here. Glad to hear the battery problem does not show up on your Geo 2. With the download cable, do you need special software, or can you go straight to something like Excel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom