A question for Greeks or those who know Greek Law

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dugongberbulu

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be travelling this summer around the med on a friend's boat (nice 90ft sailboat, w compressor and such). I intend to do some simple dives just off the back of the boat (yes, qualified and certified for this)

I had heard (years ago) that diving in Greece was illegal... really?

But, there might be restrictions I need to be aware of... any help?

Thanks to anyone who might be able to steer me in the right direction

D

No diving is tottally legal. I just wonder where you got this information and honestly,how many years before... I'm asking this,because diving stopped being a restricted hobby more than 4 years now.The only places where diving is illegal, is where antiquities may be,but generally you can dive anywhere. Or spearfishing with scuba diving equipment is also illegal,but just this.
4-5 years ago you had to declare the place and how many divers would be with you,at the local Coast Guard,but nowadays, there is no such restiriction anymore. I hope I was helpful

Nikos

Nikos

Yes, that information was given to me 5-6 years ago. Great that this has been simplified!

Thanks so much, very much looking forward to this trip

D

Have a nice time and enjoy your stay. Since you are from Singapore, I just wanted to say,don't expect too much fish life here but the underwater terrain,makes it up for the practically no fish. Happy and safe dives :0)

Nikos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom