Gauge Mode in Gekko

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
How to set Gauge Mode in a Suunto Gekko?

I know a lot of people say you can't. This is from Suunto Official site: Suunto - Gekko

The last paragraph indicates you can set the Gekko in gauge mode. But how?

I have a Zoop that is the same as Gekko except for OEM PC interface. I am unaware of any gauge mode, nothing either in the manual.

Maybe that last FAQ refers to the Gekko going into gauge mode automatically after bending it? That's the only way of which I am aware.

Cheers,
Lilla

As SelkieDVM pointed out, the Gekko goes in Gauge mode after a violation (pg 26 manual)

We are planning to release an online class for the Gekko by mid. June.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Gecko doesn't have a "deliberate" gauge mode (if you want that, buy a Vyper). Yes, if you bend it, it'll go into gauge mode, then lock you out...

Chris, I dunno about locking you out...I have a Gekko on my Cuda, and after bending it thoroughly on the first dive, it works perfectly in gauge mode on subsequent dives.

Just remember to turn off the alarms. It gets annoying really quickly if you don't.

All the best, James

James, you brought it to the surface after it went into gauge mode, and after it turned off, it turned back on in a working gauge mode for subsequent dives? When did it "revert" to computer mode? Thanks!

Chris, I dunno about locking you out...I have a Gekko on my Cuda, and after bending it thoroughly on the first dive, it works perfectly in gauge mode on subsequent dives.

Just remember to turn off the alarms. It gets annoying really quickly if you don't.

All the best, James

James, you brought it to the surface after it went into gauge mode, and after it turned off, it turned back on in a working gauge mode for subsequent dives? When did it "revert" to computer mode? Thanks!

Yes, this is exactly what happens. Found it out by accident - I'd mentally written off using the "dashboard" on the scooter for a second dive, and <surprise!> realized halfway through the dive that it was working.

It reverts I think 24 hours later. Or maybe 48. OK, I'll be honest and say I'm not sure, I really haven't kept track of the darn thing after I'm done diving for a weekend.

Hope this helps!

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom