Mares Nemo Sport or Aeris Manta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jl_va_21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,

I'm looking for a backup computer, which would you suggest?

Mares Nemo Sport

Mares Nemo Sport Dive Computer Watch

Aeris Manta

Aeris Manta Scuba and Free Diving Wrist Computer "Old Style"

Both appear to be PC downloadable with user replaceable batteries and back lighting and nitrox compatability. So my must haves are pretty much covered. My primary computer is Aeris too, so I can see the value of having the second one be something else just so I get two opinions, so to speak. That said, I've like my Aeris and would have no problem purchasing from them again. I think the Aeris looks cooler and I like the idea of having a free dive mode. However it appears that the Manta may not actually have an ascent rate monitor - just a warning when you are going too fast. That seems backwards, no?

Yes I'll likely purchase from LP. I know some of you do not like them, but its a backup computer and I have had nothing but great experiences with them, so I'm comfortable with it. There are plenty of other threads on them if you prefer to discuss that - elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or recommendations. Also if you know of any other computers in the this low-end price range that I should consider, I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks.

....... I'm looking for a backup computer, which would you suggest? ...... Mares Nemo Sport ..... Aeris Manta.........
We have an online class for the Manta.

....... However it appears that the Manta may not actually have an ascent rate monitor ......
That is correct.

....... I'll likely purchase from LP......
LP, as other retailers do, offer our classes

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Aeris computers are good. I don't know of a failure, except when a now defunct dive shop put a battery in wrong. Want better gear reliability? There may be things more likely to fail first. The yoke o-ring connection, for instance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom