Good womens fins for around 50$?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bamabowtie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Me and my gf are about to get certified here in a month and she is in need of a pair of fins. I am looking for the most quality fins that we can get for her for around 50$. TIA

I wouldn't limit the budget to $ 50, fins are a very critical part of a good scuba experience, so I'm gonna recommend the Apollo Bio fins @ Scubatoys for about $ 200. Check out scubadiving.com or divernet.com if you want to read up on fin comparison tests, maybe there's something out there 'acceptable' that's closer to $ 50.

Mares Plana Avanti. Simple, great, inexpensive fins. Less than $50.
You'll see lots of pros wearing them for just those reasons.

If you're looking for brand new fins, $50 may not leave you with much of a choice. But if you're considering second-hand, ebay, as already suggested, may be a good place to find cheap fins. Alternatively, there may be a dive shop in your area that sells used fins.

If she hasn't tried different fins but is determined to get a pair at this stage, it may be a good idea to get a cheap second hand pair - she may find some other styles that suit her more. I know quite a few people - myself included - who rushed to buy fins during their OW only to regret it.

All the best in your course and shopping!

Fins; finding the best pair | Sea Forever

About five years ago I got back into diving after 15 years off. I called a store and asked what was the cheapest they had that was any good.

They suggested these Imprex fins. Yes. I have since bought others, but still regularly use those Imprex fins. In fresh or salt water they are not fancy, just a good fin.

Tusa Imprex Fin @ Divers-Supply.com

check ebay for 'large' scubapro jetfins. make sure the pictures show the fins have a lightning bolt on top (newer model). with wet booties, and size 8 1/2 women's feet, large is the right size for me. then put spring straps on them - can be done for around $50.

What exactly is a woman's fins? Most of the girls I dive with use the same fins as the guys cept for some pink ones lol!

I consider fins one of the most important purchases, equal to that of a good fitting mask or a comfortable bcd. Personally I would allocate $100 or more for the purchase of a good fin but anyway...

1. Jet fins $15 from fleabay... it's good enough for pretty much everything except when it comes to fast surface swims. If she doesn't like it, you can easily sell them for pretty much the same for what you got it for.

2. Aries Velocity fins. Really affordable, light, maneuverable n reasonably fast but doesn't have the power of the jets.

3. Mares Avanti X3 Open Heel Fins, great if she has stronger legs n nearly as powerful as the quattros.

$100 - $150
Atomic Aquatics Split Fins
Hollis F1
Mares Plana Avanti
Apollo Bio-Fin Pro XT Silver

Cheers,

SangP

There's no need to spend $100-200 on fins if you don't want to, it's actually a great place to save money. There's a fair number of inexpensive but very good fins out there both new and used so you should be able to find something in your budget. For example, I bought the fins I'm currently using on eBay for $20. (The original US Divers Blades, great fins which they no longer make, I've used them for a long time but lost one a couple years ago. Even found a pair my size in the same color, so if I lose another I've still got a pair.) If I hadn't found those again I'd have probably looked for some used Plana Avanti Quattros.

Wrestler or ballerina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom