Dive Computer production dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shinsen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking to buy a used dive computer. There appears to be quite a few older models that are similar to some newer ones.
I've googled and wiki'd trying to find a chart that lists the introduction/production dates of units from the past. I seem to be drawn to the Oceanic line. The VEOs, DataMax, DataPlus, Prodigy, etc. are the ones I'm looking at the most. It's just hard to tell which are "newer" models. The manuals from the web sites aren't much help because there are different dates printed in them.
Any ideas of where I can get this kind of info for Oceanic or any other brands?

..... I seem to be drawn to the Oceanic line.......The manuals from the web sites aren't much help because there are different dates printed in them......
Not really .....
On the Oceanic 's manuals You might see the 2002 date and then another date ....
The "2002 Design" writing is the copyright notice of the design company (called 2002 Design) that designs the products / manuals.
The second date is the year of first release of a product.

As an example, on the Prodigy manual you will see "2002 Design 1995" .... it means that the Prodigy manual was printed in 1995 ... and most likely the Prodigy dive computer was first introduced in the market in the same year :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks Alberto,
That actually helps a lot. The 2002 was throwing me off. Now it makes more sense.

Back
Top Bottom