Got to try out my new Hollis H-160! (I think I'm in love!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Got to get my H-160 into the water this weekend. Because I'm rather new with DPV's, I didn't take it to full speed or very deep, but here's what I thought of it. One step at a time. I had an absolute blast with it! I absolutely love the gradual take off of it!:D Extremely smooth. I have played with Makos & the little SeaDoo scooters a little bit, which tend to torque or jerk you on take off. Not this scooter- very nice very smooth ramp up to speed. Once I learned to handle it, it was very easy to guide. It is very maneuverable. Several times while cruising along I had to dodge other divers who suddenly appeared in the rather murky waters. The thumb lock/ cruise control was very handy. I even let some friends try it out & they were impressed with how it handled. I am very pleased with it!

Just 1 question about the trim weights (in fresh water),.... with both trim weights it is balanced, but rather negative (but still not difficult to handle). With 1 trim weight it is rear heavy & front light. With no trim weights it is very positively buoyant. Is there a way, in fresh water, to balance it out but only have it just slightly negative? What are the buoyancy characteristics like in salt water? Just want to get the most out of it. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom