James Cameron is making a movie on freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Francisco "Pipin" Ferreras will attempt a new World record freedive during this documentary. It will be in honor of his wife, Audrey Mestre, who died last year on a WR attempt.

I know the people involved in this project and infact they leave next week to start it.

TMD

I know a guy who got to take the ride to the Titanic in the Sub just about 7 weeks ago. I was blown away that he got to do it, few people ever get the chance.

I would love to make a dive to the Titanic. How do you go about doing that? I know it's expensive but do you have to go through Wood's Hole Institute or something? Any info?

Early vegas oddsmakers have Cameron's film sucking in comparison to The Big Blue at 11 to 5

I suspect its not that ez.

On camerons documentary (3d imax one) each dive to the Titanic was $12k, They only hold hold 3 people and with filming the priority getting a seat would be imposible. Too expensive to send a sightseer. Each dive utilized 2 subs, so you talking $24 K per dive for the both. Not to mention the boat ride out, meals, air fair ect ect. Right now i would say its next to .009% chance any of us get to go do it. Maybe in 10+ years things will be different.

TMD

In ten years it will probably be a lot easier and more accomodating to visit the Titanic. How did your aquaintance get to ride down to see it? Is he a photographer or videographer or something? Lucky guy he is. Or lucky girl. :)

a guy.

He works for Jim Cameron. After the 3d special was filmed and released they went back to the titanic ( about 7 weeks ago) to pick up the fiber optic cables they left behind during the filming. I guess it was more of a clean up trip, not sure they even did any filming.

TMD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom