Catching him out!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBaby

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quickie question:
Those of you who are PADI Intructors are more likely to know the answer to this, but all comments are welcome.

During the PADI AOW, during land based practise of Navigation, is it standard practice to put a towel over the head of the student???

At this time, my instructor said this way normal practise for all, but I have a feeling I was set-up as my mum was there with a camera!!! And before you ask, yes i do have the photo proof!

The towel over your head is to keep you from cheating. Under the towel you have no reference for finding your target except the compass.

So...how'd you do? =;^)

Don't need to be an instructor to answer that. Yes, it's standard procedure. They do that so that all you can see is the compass and aren't tempted to cheat by looking at your destination. When you're navigating underwater, you often won't be able to see the destination, you have to rely on your compass and natural references.

..I didn't have this done with anything over my head.

Just had to complete a square, rectangle, and a triangle.

Sounds like a good exercise though.

Butch :peace:

How pretty/handsome she/he is!

Thought you'd like to know.

ID

Man my instrustor made me use a paper bag..

Originally posted by Fishkiller
Man my instrustor made me use a paper bag..

Could be worse... could've been a PLASTIC bag, or as the instructor would call it... a Darwinian rebreather...

Don....what are you implying young man!!!!!! :peace:

Oh well...guess I cant kill belushi now for giving my mother the chance to take very embarrassing pictures of me walking around an egyptian carpark with a towel over my head!!! Damn it!

Back
Top Bottom