I fondled a Nikonos V today.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I fondled a Nikonos V today......

I drove downtown to hit the "real" camera store to pick up some slide mounts, a good lupe, a slide tray and a light table. I've now got the chore of sorting for keepers and losers, 16 rolls of slide film from Nikon School last month.

While I was there I fondled a Nikonos V. I carressed it, I turned it over in my hands and I oogled it and then handed it back to Chuck, the salesguy. Ahhh......soon enough. I'm saving my pennies and will buy sometime next year, meanwhile borrowing one from the shop I work with.

I'm planning on the Nikonos V, 15mm lens and a 20mm lens. I can get Sea & Sea strobes from the shop at the friendly price.

I like the idea of shooting slides as I know "WHO" made the error as opposed to a lab playing with my prints density-wise. Plus the colors and contrast are so much more vivid and rich with decent slide film.

Anybody got thoughts for me? Am I thinking in the right direction?

Thats a pretty big investment. Any thoughts of going digital instead?

I used that set up for years (exept I used nikonos strobes). I did enjoy it but now I went digital and really like it more.

I was going to mention the digital angle but I've been accused of pushing digital on everyone so I'm staying out of this one! :wink:

Diver Lori I will mention digital and take the heat that goes with it. If you are already a good underwater photographer then you know approx. how many of your shots off a roll of film are "keepers" so your investing big bucks is factored into your decision. If you are an amateur phtographer or just starting out then be prepared to go through many rolls of film and processing costs before you get shots that are "keepers". For this reason alone I suggest you go digital. That "delete" button is real easy and cheap to push. :shades:

Hello,

I bought my NEW 15mm nikon lens for $700 on ebay. It was used at most 15 times and put into storage. You can get some real steals if your in the right place at the right time. I bought my nik V body, 80mm lens, sb103 strobe w/ tray/cables (all nikon brand) for $600. I later did the sb105 recall and now have a new one. I have all the lens except the 28mm.

Ed

I thought about digital, but I'm just not ready for it yet. I kinda like the versatility with foreground/background I can get with bracketing and playing.

As far as eBay goes....I'm terrified of eBay! How do you know you're getting a good deal and that the seller is telling you the truth about the history of the item?

I did notice that a couple of camera stores use eBay and I might be more responsive to that....but a random seller makes me nervous.

" Diver Lori "
" As far as eBay goes....I'm terrified of eBay! How do you know you're getting a good deal and that the seller is telling you the truth about the history of the item?"

Check the sellers " feedback rateing " by clicking on the
number that follows their name, you can often tell if you want to deal with them.

TRIG

:)

Diver Lori once bubbled...
I thought about digital, but I'm just not ready for it yet. I kinda like the versatility with foreground/background I can get with bracketing and playing.

As far as eBay goes....I'm terrified of eBay! How do you know you're getting a good deal and that the seller is telling you the truth about the history of the item?

I did notice that a couple of camera stores use eBay and I might be more responsive to that....but a random seller makes me nervous.

Because it really takes too much effort to create a name and build up a bit of feedback just to basically kill your account by screwing over one person on a camera. There are so many people just wanting to get rid of their stuff that you'll be hard pressed to find someone who wants to screw you. Just numbers..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom