Masks for prominent brows and big noses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarahdee

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a new mask for my husband, he appears to have a large brow as masks often hurt him there and a large nose that doesn't fit into many.

He had a Mares Demon which fitted but he hated as it looked funny until he lost it surfing (don't ask). His last one was by a company called Recon and had a flexible skirt but hasn't lasted well.

Any suggestions?

Good thing you mentioned the mares demon, cus they have quite a few different designs for him to go through:

Mares - just add water

A lot of them comes in black if that matters... for me it does lol!

The apollo frameless I had also fit a wide variety of faces n has a generous nose pocket for those with a roman nose.

For wider noses:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/334683-good-mask-wide-nose.html

For plain big noses:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/161772-mask-big-nose.html

The best thing would be for him to go to the shop to try them out for fit n looks :D!

SangP

Try a classic oval mask. You can even get them with blue skirts:
wpd5015e09.png

Mares X-vision is a.nice.one.that might work. Also oceanic.data mask fits very well. Best thing to do.is.go.to a couple.of stores and try them.out

Mares X-vision is a.nice.one.that might work. Also oceanic.data mask fits very well. Best thing to do.is.go.to a couple.of stores and try them.out

Usually I would but am looking for a surprise birthday present :)

Thanks for the links SangP

Usually I would but am looking for a surprise birthday present :)

Thanks for the links SangP

I wouldn't advice that, a free fin, bcd is pretty ok but getting a mask without trying it out usually leads to more problems.

Even it if fits it could be the looks that he hates, if it doesn't fit well that's another problem.

It's probably a better idea to have him try out some mask n buy the one that he likes.

SangP

Agree here. If you want to get him a mask as a surprise the best thing is to go to the shop and get him a gift certificate that will let him pick one out that fits. And you are a good wife for doing this!

The trial and error approach (at least 5 dismal failures) has finally led me to the OMS WIDE EYES™ Mask (product # M-ICU-W)

mask-w.jpg

I am sure he can try one on in store.... It doesn't look swanky.... but it doesn't look weird either.... and it fits!!:D

Let me go over the recommendations in one post, as I just bought the Scubapro crystalvu without purge, and its made for people without noses apparently. I called scubapro and they told me there biggest nose mask is the Scubapro frameless. So with that said here's the consensus for us that are blessed with large olfactory detectors based on this thread and the threads it links to.

Big Nose / Big Brow Mask recommendations
---------------------------------------------
Diverite Frameless (1 recommendation(s))
OMS Wide Eyes (1 recommendation(s))
Mares Essence Liquidskin (1 recommendation(s))
Mares Pure Vision (1 recommendation(s))
Mares X Vision (2 recommendation(s))
Scubapro Frameless (vendor recommendation)
Scubapro Trinidad (1 recommendation(s))
Sherwood Magnum (1 recommendation(s))
Tilos Titanica (1 recommendation(s))
Tusa Liberator (1 recommendation(s))
Tusa Platina (1 recommendation(s))
Tusa Visualator (1 recommendation(s))
Tusa Wide Vision M-16 (1 recommendation(s))
XS Scuba Cortez ( 1 vendor, 1 reccomendation)

Back
Top Bottom