Palau/YaP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Taking a trip for two weeks in April...is it worth going to Palau and Yap or should I just go to Palau. Also, Sam's Tours or Fish n Fins? All input would be greatly appreciated.:D

I would do both (only done Palau previously for 11 days but after a week in Truk). We used Sams for one day of diving as the rest of the time we were on a sail boat (Eclipse - Palau Diving and Wreck Diving Tours). For our next trip we thought we would stay on Peleliu and dive with Dolphin Bay Resort & Peleliu Divers as Koror is okay for a few days - we were glad to be out on a sail boat the rest of the time.

Looks like your from the east coast? With it being such a long trip I would do both. I have done that loop a few times. I use Manta Ray Bay in Yap and Sam's Tours in Palau. Both great shops and will treat you right.

Do both. You will most likely route through Guam on your flight and the Continental Palau flight stops in Yap on the way back.

Sams Tours is the best Op I have ever been out with. They met me at the airport to confirm where I wanted to dive and what time they would pick me up at the hotel. I didnt even make hotel arrangements with them!

I agree, both Manta Ray Bay and Sam's Tours are great!
-Mitch.

Thanks for all the help...we are using Sam's Tours and are going to Yap on our way home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom