ACI sw and USB to serial port adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eediver

Reaction score
I have a 7 year old Atmos2 and want to use the new ACI SW, but there is one problem. The ACI sw is for USB ports, but the PC interface cable I have for the Atmos2 has an original serial port connector. So two questions.

1. Can the ACI sw work with an old serial port, or is it truly for USB ports only?

2. Has anyone else had this problem, and tried using a 3rd party serial2USB adapter cable? If so, which brand? There are many available, and most seem to cost about $20, which is a lot less than a new USB cable for the Atmos2.

TIA

I've basically got the same problem. The older AUD software works with a serial cable, which is what I have, but doesn't recognize dives dated newer than 12-31-2009. So, I can no longer download my dives to the AUD software. I sent Aeris a email asking them, but they never even replied! Sad considering I've always recieved good customer service from them in the past. The least they could do is reply with a "Sorry, you're SOL". I won't pay $100 just for a stupid USB cable. I considered just setting the date back a few years on my computer so they'll download and then change the year back to 2010. Just not sure it's worth the hassle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom