Aeris XR-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Do

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I purchased a Aeris Atmos II based on recommendations from SB, and love it. I am looking for a second computer, for my son. How does the XR-2 compare to the Atmos II and/or what can anyone tell me about it?
Thanks,
Scuba Do

Hasn't anyone on this Board ever owned, or at least used (or sold, all you LDS people) an XR-2?

Well, since no one else is chiming in...

I've got an Atmos II.

As I remember, the SR-2 replaced the Atmos II in about 2006 (?). Basically the same capabilities and similar operation, but the SR-2 is/was a bit smaller in diameter with (I think) a bit smaller display. And the SR-2 doesn't/didn't have the lugs on the back to secure it to a console or wrist boot with a pin.

So if you want to use an existing console or wrist boot, the SR-2 won't fit directly because of the diameter. And if you're reading-correction challenged, that might also be an issue.

For details, check out the on-line operator's manuals at DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Manuals.

Hubby & I have the XR2's...Really like them, easy to read underwater, only complaint is they are a little bulky compared to the newer ones....They are downloadable which is really nice....

Thanks. As it is smaller than the Atmos II, which I love, I don't think I will mind the bulk. Good to know you like it.

I just wish I could get mine to link up to the laptop now. It works fine in the desktop at home but I get a time out message everytime on the laptop....I even had the guys send me a clean copy of the program right from Aeris...but still no luck....

Back
Top Bottom