Canon G9/Ikelite Complete Setup w/extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

retendokid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi divers,

I'm selling my complete G9 Ikelite system as itemized below. I've decided to setup my topside Nikon D90 for underwater DSLR shooting and living in Minnesota, I can't afford to transport 2 underwater photography systems. Listed prices are what this gear would cost new if you purchased from B&H photo, Reef Photo/Video etc. All gear was purchased in 2008 or later. Maximum of 35-40 dives on housing, strobe, and camera. Never flooded or dropped, perfectly maintained, and in excellent working condition.

The G9 is an advanced compact camera and this is a perfect underwater setup for someone looking to step up from a simpler P&S or even just starting out. The arms and hardware included make it flexible for single strobe macro, dual-strobe wide angle, or night diving with focus light. (Sorry, no lenses or 2nd strobe- keeping those for my wife’s G11 system) I've been using the CHDK free software to override shutter & aperture settings so you CAN shoot TTL with manual capabilities. You can pm me about how to do this. Shoots RAW and takes beautiful photos.

1 Ikelite G9 Housing (# 6147.09) 489.00
Incl Manuals, Tray adapter, flash diffuser & flash blocker
1 Ikelite Dual Handle Tray (#9523.32) 70.00
plus extra tray mounting hardware
1 Ikelite DS-51 Substrobe Standard Package 499.00
Includes: Manual, Ikelite Arm Is & Ikelite TTL Synch Cord
1 Ikelite 1” Ball Adabter for handle mount (#9571.4) 20.00
1 Canon Powershot G9 400.00
Includes: Manual, PC cable, charger, battery
1 Additional Canon NB-2LH rechargeable battery 45.00
1 Optical Ocean 8+6+3 Arm set 90.00
1 Optical Ocean 6 YS light mount arm 9.00
1 Fantasea Nano Focus Light Mount Kit 75.00
(3.3" Ball to YS light mount arm & 3 way Triple Clamp-shown in photo)

Will include free; -Martin Edge, The Underwater Photographer (3rd Ed)
-Gunderson, Canon Powershot Digital Field Guide

Selling as a complete setup. $1700 new. Selling $1100 firm. Paypal preferred. I'll pay shipping.

thanks

Hugh

Attachments

• DSC_4524.jpg
    DSC_4524.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_4525.jpg
    DSC_4525.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_4527.jpg
    DSC_4527.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_4528.jpg
    DSC_4528.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC_4531.jpg
    DSC_4531.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_4538.jpg
    DSC_4538.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_4537.jpg
    DSC_4537.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2943.jpg
    IMG_2943.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 95
Posting this question in case others have similar questions...

This is the message that was sent:
Hello,

Just a quick question, I have a G7 in an ikelite housing. I've been using the CHDK to override f-stops and speed, but when I connect the strobes for TTL it does't work the CHDK, it takes the photos using the camera setting (not the CHDK), I've checked the exif to know what setting are using. Have you experienced the same?

Cheers,

PS. do you happen to have lens holder 67 tread for sale?

REPLY************************

Hi
Couple of things. Even though to us, a G7 and G9 seem like similar camera models, the CHDK build versions are very specific and different for each camera. There are even different builds for different versions of the same camera model. Anyway, I haven't experienced the same thing problem you've described. I've tried changing speed and aperture settings both with and without the flash in the hotshoe, and in just about every mode on the camera. The images below were shot in a pool of a plastic fish I anchored to the bottom. One is shot at 1/1600 f2.8, the other at 1/200 f7. Very similar effect, but the point is, I really wanted to have the flexibility with the camera to be able to adjust the settings however I wanted. CHDK allowed me to override both the 1/60 shutter speed preset of several of the modes that allowed TTL flash usage and even the 1/250 limit in manual mode that you get when connect to an external flash. At least my version of CHDK allows me to make any f-stop/speed settings.

One thing I would try would be to connect the strobe and have it turned on before booting up the camera. As you know, the CHDK essentially boots up from the SD card every time you turn the camera on, so maybe it needs to "see" the external flash connected first, to be able to override the settings. Just a thought. Sorry I couldn't help further.

No lens holder or other additional equipment for sale.

Hugh

Attachments

• IMG_4708.jpg
    IMG_4708.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4704.jpg
    IMG_4704.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom