brothers/elphinestone or st.johns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justina

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning for a live-a-board trip to southern Red sea.

I have two options ; (a) brothers/elphinestone (b) st.johns

This is my information regarding diving;

- logged around 200s.
- prefer pelagic actions, thus prefer diving with currents.
- macro is not my stuff.

Where do you think I would fit it?
I need your advice. :)

Thanks.

I go around 20th of June.

Is there any reason you prefer Brothers route?

I prefer Brothers route because the reef is more colorful. Also the pelagic action is normally more, especially when the route is combined with Daedalus and Elphinstone. The currents are stronger than St. Johns though.

June is good enough for Hammerheads in the southern Egyptian Red Sea.

I prefer tough currents, that means more sharks.

I'd love to see hammerheads, but I don't think this trip includes daedalus.
It's only Elphinestone+Brothers.

The only reason I'm thinking about St.Johns is for the schedule. This trip's schedule fits with me more.

But, if St.johns is not worthy and not for the plagic actions, and Brothers is much more about plagic actions, I'm ready to endure loss of some days in my trip.

I've never dove in Red Sea. So, I desperately need an opinion from an expert! :eek:

Thanks

St. Johns is still very good. The Brothers is a personal preference.

No one can guarantee you pelagic actions anywhere in the Red Sea, neither on the Brothers not in St. Johns. I've also read some reports about Sudan diving where the divers didn't see sharks.

Sure, I've recognized that. :)
I just need some advice.

Thank you very much for your advice. It helps me a lot.

I just got back from St Johns and Deep South safari. I was really disappointed.

I did the Brother's, Daedalus & Elphinstone last year, probably best trip of my life.

Don't get me wrong, St John's was lovely but if you're looking for Pelagic's then you're not going to find them in the coral garden's' they kept bringing us to.

Brothers is best. Silkies this year rather than Longimanus.

J

Sorry to hear you were disappointed by St. John's. There are as you say some coral gardens there but also quite a few wall dives with good chanses to see big stuff. There are grey reef sharks, silkies, longimanus, hammerheads (both scalloped and great) whitetips, thresher sharks and manta around at the moment. When I'm guiding that area I always try to get a feeling what the group rather have and take them on those dives. Normally we would make two wall dives first and then maybe a cave/tunnle system in the afternoon and save the coral gardens for the night dives.

If you want more info on different liveaboard diving in Egyptian waters and marine parks you can look at my website WELCOME TO AZIAB where you find info regarding red sea marine park and DIVING FROM LIVEABOARDS IN EGYPT plus other useful info

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom