Ikelite AutoFlash AF35 Underwater Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggeorgie2007

Registered
Reaction score
The Ikelite AutoFlash AF35 Underwater Strobe is a great strobe for a beginning underwater photographer to add to their point and shoot housing to really bring out and capture the color of the reef and wildlife. This strobe is just a little over a year old and has only been in the water for 20 dives. The reason I am selling it is because I decided to upgrade to a D-SLR camera. This sale represents a great value as the item is in excellent condition and I am selling it for less than half of what you would pay for a new one. No fiber-optic cables are needed as the strobe fires by detecting the flash from your point and shoot camera. The trays that I am including will attach to all small point and shoot Ikelike underwater housings as well as many cannon, Sony, and Olympus housings with a tripod mount. Check out Ikelites website for examples of pictures taken with this strobe and for more information. The first 3 pictures are actual pictures of the items included. The last picture is a picture from the manufacturer giving an example of what it looks like attached to a housing and tray (camera or housing is not included). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. $170.00 + Shipping Firm, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

Whats included:

- Ikelite AF35 Autoflash
- Single Ikelite tray
- Double Ikelite tray - for attaching another stobe for wide angle photography ($40.00 value, yours free)
- Original Box
- Screws to attach trays to Ikelite housings
- Mounting hardware to attach tray to a Sony underwater housing (Cannon and Olympus hardware available for purchase from Ikelite

From Manufacturer:

The Ikelite AutoFlash AF35 kit is an effortless and affordable way to add a flash to your point-and-shoot camera system. Everything you need to get started is in the box. Just attach it to the bottom of your housing and start taking pictures.

The single tray attaches directly to most small Ikelite housings for point-and-shoot digital cameras. Mounting hardware is also available from ikelite for use with most housings from Olympus, Canon, Sony and other manufacturers. The kit features a contoured handle with a rubber grip for added comfort, and the pop bead flexi-arm offers flexibility in flash positioning. No tools are needed to remove handle, arm and strobe assembly from the tray for packing. The system is lightweight above water for travel and approximately neutrally buoyant underwater when attached to an Ikelite housing with camera.

The exposure selector dial on the side of the sensor provides fine-tuning to optimize results with a variety of digital still cameras. Once you find an exposure level that you like, leave the dial on that number for automatic operation. For advanced users, the selector dial can be used as exposure compensation while remaining in automatic mode. The flash also features six manual power settings for full control over exposure.

When using an external wide-angle lens, consider adding a second strobe for broader and more even coverage. Adding a second strobe is easy with the #4035.1 AF35 Secondary Flash Kit, which includes a dual tray along with the right-hand flash assembly.

An external flash is your most important accessory. The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Shining a color corrected light source on your subject will bring back your subject's natural color.

Note! For small Ikelite housings only; not compatible with larger housings such as the one for the G11.

• 35 Watt/seconds power with a guide #16 (underwater at ISO 100).
• Exposure selector dial on the side of the sensor provides fine-tuning to optimize results with a variety of digital still cameras. Once you find an exposure level that you like, leave the dial on that number for automatic operation.
• For advanced users, the selector dial can be used as exposure compensation while remaining in automatic mode. The flash also features six manual power settings for full control over exposure.
• 70° angle of coverage, 80° with diffuser
• Recycle time of 2.5 seconds (Full power).
• Up to 300 flashes with full power batteries.
• 5700° Kelvin color temperature

S p e c i f i c a t i o n s

Strobe Size ...... 8cm x 12cm - 3.2" x 4.7"
Weight ...... 0.6 kg - 1.3 pounds
Energy Rating ...... 35 watt-seconds
Coverage Angle ...... 70 - 80 degrees w/diffuser
Guide # (ISO 100) feet ......28 surface - 16 underwater
Guide # (ISO 100) meters ......9 surface - 5 underwater
Color Temp ......5700 degrees K
Power Source ......4 "AA" Alkaline / NiCad / NiMH
Flashes ......300 full power
Recycle Time ......2.5 seconds
Firing Modes ......Auto + 6 Manual Power Settings
Depth Rating ......90m - 300 feet

Attachments

• IMG_2015.JPG
    IMG_2015.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2004.JPG
    IMG_2004.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 529282.jpg
    529282.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 95
Has the strobe ever been flooded and everything in working order?

If so I would like to buy it.

Please let me know the info above and the payment options.

Thanks,
Audrey

Hello, thanks for the interest, but the strobe has already sold. It went very quickley on ebay. Sorry about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom