Uwatec Aladin airZ Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking of upgrading my computer and am looking at a Uwatec Aladin airZ Nitrox with a transmitter. I am a recreational diver and would like to eliminate a hose. I know this is nit-picky, but there ya go. What I am asking is if you have any experience with this computer and your opinion.

Also, if you have an idea of what a used unit would be worth with a new battery and in great shape. Thanks for your input.

The Aladin Air Z has been discontinued. I'm not sure, but I doubt they are still being supported by Scubapro. The only computer in the Aladin series that is still being produced and supported is the Aladin Tec 2G.
If you want to go hoseless, I would suggest getting one of the Galileo models. I found a used Sol (complete with transmitter and heart rate monitor) for $700. I'm sure you get get a used Luna a bit cheaper than that.
I may be crazy, but switching to a hoseless computer didn't eliminate a hose for me, because I also added a small SPG, in case I lose signal to the transmitter, or the computer fails.

Gali. would be great, but still a bit out of my price league. Is $400 for the Aladin too much? LP has them new for $599.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom