Backup Computer for UWATEC SOL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BPDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use a UWATEC SOL for my primary and am beginning to move into the recreational technical areas of diving so am looking for a backup wrist computer. Naturally I'll start looking at another UWATEC product to match algorithms. Anyone with experience using other UWATEC wrist mounted computers as backup?

Very few divers outside of accomplishing deco tec dives feel the need for a back-up computer. I would side-aside the funds for training, BP/wings, etc. The Sol is a great computer with an outstanding reliability record thus far. I am sure you have heard, but a trimix download is due soon for the Sol at no charge...

I know the Aladin Tec2G can run the same algorithm/MB setting that the Sol does, and possibly the older Aladin Prime/Tec can as well. I reccomend to anyone that does a lot of travel diving to have their own back-up and dive with it. That way if something goes wrong you aren't risking losing any dive time, having to use tables, getting a rental that you may not be used to, etc.

i know the aladin tec2g can run the same algorithm/mb setting that the sol does, and possibly the older aladin prime/tec can as well. I reccomend to anyone that does a lot of travel diving to have their own back-up and dive with it. That way if something goes wrong you aren't risking losing any dive time, having to use tables, getting a rental that you may not be used to, etc.

+ 1,000,000,000!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom