o2 analyzer w/ first stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c5diver

Contributor
Reaction score
if i have a first stage with a flow restrictor connected to an analyzer how long does it take for the pressure to bleed off so you can remove the first stage from the tank?

Any O2 analyzer I've used either connects directly to the tanks,and usaully have a small valve to release the pressure or has a small inlet that you hold close to the yoke/din connection on the tank valve.
Can you tell me what kind of O2 tester you're using. I've never seen one that connects to the first stage!!! Are you sure you don't mean the tank valve?

i am looking at a system like the oms o2 where there is a first stage as part of the analyzer setup

As soon as you turn the valve to off the residual gas drains out. So immediately after that you can take the regulator off. Nothing special - just like if you were to turn the valve off to stop a free flowing second stage. Once off you could take the reg off.

You just pull the hose off at the meter side after turning the cylinder off.

If I'm not mistaken though, don't these analyzers require calibration cylinders, as opposed to calibrating them in the open air?

c5diver
Interesting tester. I like the idea of using the LP connector for the power inflator. As for the optional LPM flowmeter, I suspect that once you close the valve on the tank it should only take seconds for the pressure to drop to nothing, but that just my guess.

i figured it would drop pretty quick. what i would like to get is a first stage with a lp quick disconnect no hose just the qd, so i have the option to connector to the first stage for say testing tanks at pickup and not dragging my regs with me. but still have the option to connect to my lp hose on my reg set. anybody done this? could be done with and oxycheq, or most any analyzer. i dont have the dexterity to hold the analox O2EII and crack the tank valve so, i like the idea of connecting to the tank valve with a first stage. if i could find like an old dacor 260 first stage the qd and adapter to thread into the first stage and a pony bottle pressure gauge i should be set for checking nitrox tanks on the go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom