Wrist mount thermometer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vampyre

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I used to have a smart com that had integrated thermometer. I now have a alladin air2 o2 which does not have the integrated thermometer.

Ive done some googling looking for a wrist mount thermometer that is similar to the compass wrist mounts the kind that are like a watch. And have not found anything but something that clips onto the band of a 3/4" watch band. Wrist Thermometer-Mini fits 3/4" Wrist Band: at JoeDiverAmerica.com Is there anything else out there. The item above does not look like it would last that long or remain attached. If there was something digital thats not a whole nother dive computer that would be sweet.

Maybe there is a regular wrist watch with a very large tough band and or Velcro band that will fit over my arm and a 7mm. Out there that can withstand depth and that has a thermo reading on it. I never wear watches (use my phone for time) so I would not really know where to look for one.

My question is why?
Knowing that it is 40 degrees when you are at 100 ft really does not add to the diving experience.
If you are cold, you need a thicker wetsuit or go dry.
If you are to warm then the opposite.
Unless the temp is integrated into the dive computer so you can log temp at depth I really think it is unnecessary.

Because Im used to it coming from the smart com. I just like/want to know.

Did some searching on wrist watches and AQF100W-7BV - Sports - Timepiece - Products - CASIO seems to be a good fit.

Updates temp every even min. Water resistant to 200m. Now as long as the wristband fits I think this will fit the bill nicely. Amazon has them for $33! Ive never worn a watch diving so it will also be nice to see what time it is now.

My question is why?
Knowing that it is 40 degrees when you are at 100 ft really does not add to the diving experience.
If you are cold, you need a thicker wetsuit or go dry.
If you are to warm then the opposite.
Unless the temp is integrated into the dive computer so you can log temp at depth I really think it is unnecessary.

Knowing that you were too cold when it was 40 degrees at 100 ft is really helpful when you are going to a NEW dive site and you’re told that it is 40 degrees at 100 ft. If you don’t have a reference then it’s hard to know what kind/thickness of suit you need. And I know that my computer lags a lot when it records the temperature, so that the reading I end up with in the log is actually from about ten minutes before. All in all I think it’s a fine idea even though the OP did not ask for my opinion about the usefulness of such a device. Unfortunately I can’t make a recommendation.

PS, if you can tie bungee cord around the mount that might work too.. You can adjust the bungee cord to any length you need.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom