BP Wing setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GBRmedik

Reaction score
Evening all.

I still consider myself to be a new diver with 30 some dives under my belt. I have completed my OW and am finishing my AOW soon.

I have abslooutely fallen in love with diving and will soon have the stash together for my personal setup. My AOW instructor was pimping the BP wing setup and now that i have done some research into DIR etc it seems to make sence to me.

I have been looking through the posts and i am curious on how you all feel about a BP wing setup for cold water and open H2O diving. ( I should add that i plan on taking my diving farther as my skill and comfort levels increase)

Should i go with the BP wing (DIR) or go with a more convencional jacket etc rig?

I appreciate your help:) :) :) =-)

you'll find the BP and wing the most comfortable easiest to dive rig made to date. once you try one (and get it setup for you) y'll never go back to a jacket.

forget about DIR - NOTHING they have come up with is new - they only rapped their BS around it.

contact scott koplan ( find him on rec.scuba) about his plates/STA
or see www.cibdiving.com. divetek makes a good wing that is about $150. for myself, i put on diverite pockets ( had some around).

IMO a back plate and wings is the most comfortable, easiest to use set up there is. It's also modular so as your diving progresses toward more advanced forms the BP and Wings can be modified to accomadate the changes.

I switched to a BP and Wings setup, from a traditional back inflate BC, several years ago and would never go back, and I'm not even a DIR trained diver. Although I do have to agree that some of their ideas make sense.

Scott

GBRmedik once bubbled...
My AOW instructor was pimping the BP wing setup and now that i have done some research into DIR etc it seems to make sence to me.
...he should have *pimped* something that could have made the LDS more money.

You've done some research and have 30 dives... my advice now is to find and take a DIR fundamentals class.

After that you will be in a good position to evaluate just what kind of gear you want and what direction you want to take for the rest (if any) of your dive training.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

...he should have *pimped* something that could have made the LDS more money.

You've done some research and have 30 dives... my advice now is to find and take a DIR fundamentals class.

After that you will be in a good position to evaluate just what kind of gear you want and what direction you want to take for the rest (if any) of your dive training.

The book. He needs the fundamentals book.

I swear, JJ'd benefit a lot more if it was online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom