trouble charging fairly new 16w can light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
also posted on CDF...

ok....I'm almost afraid to ask the question as the answer must be really simple (which would be good if positive!). I have a fairly new 16w Hollis can light that I like. I just arrived in FL and following all the rules of plugging things in order and of the 3 lights on the smart charger, niether the "charging" light (blinking red) nor the "charged" light (green) illuminate. I checked the contacts to be sure they're touching and turned the alligator clips to ensure they're tight. no go. the only light illuminated is the red light showing the charger is plugged in. It is red to red and black to black...and plugging in the light head and switching it on works fine.
I've used and charged this light (following all the rules of sequence, duration, etc) ... any ideas on what's happening?

Back
Top Bottom