Oceanic Atom 2.0 1200psi low

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sliznippa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Recently purchased an Atom 2.0 and on 2nd dive in almost a month the tank presssure indicated is 1200 psi lower than actual. Verified with SPG and pressure gauge. Anybody know why or how to fix it. Can transmitter be reset?

There's no DIY method for calibrating these transmitters and they have nothing to reset. So, if you've already checked the 1st stage port and transmitter for any blockage, checked to make sure that the transmitter has a O-ring/proper seal, and the battery is in good shape. Then there's probably an issue with the transmitter and it'll have to go in for service.

I concur sounds like a bad or intermittent pressure transducer......

Needs to go to service.......

If you have 2 HP ports, I would add something like this......

Blue Reef Pony Bottle Tank Small Pressure Gauge

This way you can check pressure without de-pressurizing the system and changing first stages......

Also nice on boat where they fill between dives, you can check tank fills without syncing your computer.......

In the event of a computer failure underwater, your buddy can still see your tank pressure......not the easiest but better than nothing at all......

Hope this helps......M

I agree this would be a wise investment. It's unfortunate that there seems to be so many issues with this sort of set up. Seriously, one dive and problems already?

Electronics can be fickle......

Typically they fail almost right away or last forever, you just might have one of the the very small percentage that fail early.....

If you just got it can the shop you bought it from just exchange it for a new one?

There are many on SB that will not dive an air integrated computer they prefer a old fashion brass and glass SPG.......

Many also dive both an AI and a backup SPG......

I dive 2 computers both non-AI and use a SPG for my air.......this works for me.....

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom