What good have you seen come out of this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Trying to find some good in this terrible situation.
Although it's 6 days now, it's still heavy on our minds here. I think we're trying to get on with things but in the back of our minds it's all still there.
#1 good thing I have found...
My kids have seen what true heroes are. Fireman, and Policmen, and medical workers, of New York and the others that traveled there to help, are the "True Heroes" and not rock stars and sports stars.
#2 Americans that need to still go out and shop for food and such, are all decked out in American Flag clothing.
#3 There seems to be an underlining closeness we all share now.
#4 Seems always saying "I love you" and not just "Goodbye" is a good idea everyday.
Anymore?
:sunny:

Natasha....good idea for a thread. Even though I am from the UK I was sitting down with Belushi, my sister and her partner and we were talking about how its put things into perspective for everyone...even non-us citizens.

I agree with all you've said! -x-

Natasha,

I agree with you that we must focus on some positive things during this time. See my post to my Canadian Diver Friends, to me it says it all.

Laine

Natasha
#1 thing I see is that we have come together as a nation and are truly uniting in a way that we haven't been united for a very long time.

~lildiver

America is standing more united than it has in decades! We shall show the world our unity!

I always say I love my wife before I go to work, otherwise she calls me on my cell phone 15 minutes into my drive to work crying telling me I don't love her. Then I have to drive back and kiss her only to be 30 minutes late to work and usually no chance of nookie for a day or two....

I know where my bread is buttered!

Perhaps this will teach us all to put aside petty differences like Sex, Race, Religion, Nationality, Economic Background, Soft-Drink Preference etc to care about the only thing worth caring about. Peace in the Human Race.

Excellent point Mario. I'm scared as hell right now as a Christian, the bible can be interpreted many ways... and I'm open to just about any and all religion... however as a christian,,, revelations is a scary thing and this is about as close as we've come. The world uniting / splitting into two groups and now the US government saying that this is going to last 3,5 or even 10 years. Who knows what the government has planned really?

Hopefully this all ends without a huge war or any more loss of life. Furthermore, I hope that it helps unite the world and progresses humanity towards the common goal of co-existance with other nations and mohter nature herself.

God Bless "The WORLD"

Pray for peace

Originally posted by Mario S Caner
Perhaps this will teach us all to put aside petty differences like Sex, Race, Religion, Nationality, Economic Background, Soft-Drink Preference etc to care about the only thing worth caring about. Peace in the Human Race.
:mario:, you hade me fooled right up till the part about soft-drink preference, then I knew you weren't serious about it all cause we know if you don't drink Pepsi you are not part of the real generation.

I'd hate to send this thread off into a bad tangent. So many threads get soiled this way.

-------

Syruss, I'm very disappointed in you. How dare you say the "P" word in my presence? *Yuck! The only thing good about Pepsi is the Brittany Spears commercials! :wink:

-------

Wheezy, that kind of optimism is great. Who would want a long drawn out war that results in NATO blood-shed? No one. Unfortunately, it's really looking like the only way, short of the Bastard turning himself in along with lists of all of his pueney lil followers... :rolleyes: We can all hope though can't we!?!

Well first off I agree with :mario: about the P-word..

"Our hearts have been deeply touched, as are those of all Americans and of free people across the world."

It was nice to hear for a change on the news about things that matter most family, friends, relationships.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom