Roatan Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chure

Reaction score
I'm heading down to Roatan on Saturday for a week, and am staying at FI. We do have the all the inclusive package, but would like to venture out a couple of the nights to try something different for dinner. Are there any suggestions for places to eat? We just found out that my wife is pregnant so "our" dive trip just turned into a dive trip for me and my father-in-law and not my wife, so I'd like to take her out to dinner to get out of the resort for a couple of nights.

Thanks in advance!

I can't wait to get wet!

Just got back from FI a week ago, but I cannot rmember the names of the two I might suggest? :confused: One is close to FI's front gate, with lots of local color; you might ask the G.Manager - Raimundo, as I think it was he who sent us there.

The other is at the West End/Half Moon Bay dock that FI uses when they take divers down there.

A few other suggestions:
(1) There are no posted warnings, but don't ingest the local water, or even use it to brush your teeth. I think the water they put in your fridge is okay.
(2) Check with Divers Alert Network and Center For Disease Control a few weeks in advance - espeically with a pregnant wife.
(3) Tell Willy & Robert at the Dive Shop that Dandy Don said "Hey!"

I've tried loading a long report as an attachment, but I'm not any good at computer stuff...?! :dunce:

Have a blast...

When I was at Fantasy Island a couple of years ago, we were all craving local food (rather than the Americanized food they served in the restaurant), so we went out to a restaurant that I hope is still there. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it, you can ask the hotel staff. It is run by an American couple and it is way up on top of a mountain, so the view from their deck is phenomenal. And the food was phenomenal, too, they had a local cook that made great local food. Anyone know the name of the place? The only other thing I can remember about it is they had a pet monkey. :monkey:
Ask about it, really, it'll be worth it. :)

We ate at the Yatch Club after our Aggressor trip this summer. It was good. A bit slow but there were 20 of us.
We also ate at the place with the little submarine on the dock. the food was great as well as the beer. Took me about a week to get over the food. Don't think is was the beer since I drank it the next week too on the aggressor.

Have a great time,

Joe

I will be in Roatan as of Saturday for a week. Does any know if there's a good sushi place on the island? I will be staying at BIBR

The food at FI is unusually good for a dive resort. Check the menu before you go out. The best night is Friday (seafood) and one other night they have lamb chops.

We returned from Roatan a couple weeks ago. We stayed in west bay but made our way to west end a lot. We ate at a place for lunch called the lighthouse. It is down a little dirt path, so you have to look for the sign on the main road (if you want to call it a road). The decore is not much...basically some 2 x 4's with plywood for tables with some plastic chairs, but the food was good. My wife and I had lunch for a total of about $12 or $13. We each had the tipico lunch...fried fish(mahi mahi once and snapper another time), rice, bean, and salad. We also had bottled water. The $13 included everything, even the tip.

For dinner we ate at the Argentinian grill a couple of times. Good Filet Mingon ($12) and conch soup. We also tried the cannibal cafe (mexican) and Belvedier's (take the same path that you took to get to the lighthouse). Both were very good.

One note if you drink diet pop...most resteraunts did not have it or only had it sporatically. We ended up purchasing some at a grocery store in west end and then took it with us. Most of the resteraunts had no problem letting us carry it in.

Back in 93 :) Romeos was an execellent restauraunt, We stayed at his resort also, the food was fantastic there also.

There was also a really good place in the West End but I really cant remember the name.

I am going back on the 30th for 7 days and plan on visiting Romeo's a few times.

Rick

...Bite On The Beach (fresh fish and right on the water) between West Bay and West End has the best food. No idea how FI compares, but the rest of the food on Roatan was distinctly mediocre and fairly expensive.
=Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom