Fundies w/single....one or two regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfyrasng

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just curious, of one was looking to take fundies with a single tank, would you be diving with one or two first stages? GUE's sites says students may use single with K,H, or Y valve. Am I correct in assuming that you can use a single first stage?

I just did the GUE Primer class, and am taking Fundies in July. I am doing it in a single tank, and only changes my instructor had me make to my regs involved switching to a long hose for my primary, switching the console out for a SPG, and adding a bungie to the alternate reg. And removing a few "un needed accessories and clips".

Just curious, of one was looking to take fundies with a single tank, would you be diving with one or two first stages? GUE's sites says students may use single with K,H, or Y valve. Am I correct in assuming that you can use a single first stage?

K valve = one first stage

H and Y valves would have 2 first stages on one cylinder. But the reality is that these options have fallen out of favor. If you have one already its ok, but definitely don't go out and buy one before class.

Nope, don't have one, and not looking forward to getting one either. Thinking about taking the primer before we (myself and the wifey) take the fundamentals class. I've read a lot of people saying that it would have really helped had they taken the primer first. Just undecided about doing it in single or double setup. Will probably boil down to finances though.

Do it in what gear you're comfortable in. Don't make the course the first time you try doubles (or anything else) unless you want an experience in frustration.

Nope, don't have one, and not looking forward to getting one either. Thinking about taking the primer before we (myself and the wifey) take the fundamentals class. I've read a lot of people saying that it would have really helped had they taken the primer first. Just undecided about doing it in single or double setup. Will probably boil down to finances though.

Not sure just yet. Still getting settled in from moving honestly. Just doing my homework.:D

Do it in what gear you're comfortable in. Don't make the course the first time you try doubles (or anything else) unless you want an experience in frustration.

AMEN!

My first day of Primers was also my real first dive in dry suit. FRUSTRATING!!, is not even close to describing that error! :shakehead:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom