Hamata - Lower Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milktrayman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there SB

thinking of checking out the lower Red Sea.... has anyone here dived in Hamata? whats the diving like in general? i checked out the dive sites and they look ok, just wanted an opinion from someone who has actually been there and dived there.

also : whats the nightlife/entertainment like?... i'm guessing its not as vibrant as say Sharm el Sheikh, but does the town centre have a few cafes you can sit in after a good days diving ??

many thanks for any feedback... and happy diving!

Dive sites are excellent, Nightlife nonexistent. Check out HAMATA and come to your own opinion. I've got loads of dives in the area working both daily from Hamata and liveaboard passing by. The corals are in mint condition, not as much reef fish as more famous placed but good chances to see big stuff. I'm working on getting the dive site maps from my book up on the Hamata page but I've been busy. Next few days... Some of them are up on http://www.aziab.com/dive site maps southern red sea.htm if you're interested.

...a...

Last edited:
As Samaka said, very nice dive sites but non-existing nightlife/entertainment.

The best way to dive the southern Egyptian Red Sea IMHO is via liveaboard. But if you still want a land-based vacation and somewhat vibrant entertainment, try places like Marsa Ghaleb north of Marsa Alam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom