wisdom II computers and software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPAPPAS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have purchased a new wisdom II for my wife - metal buttons - of course different cord, i have the blue button model. Does anyone know if you can have two dive profiles on one program or would i have to have a seperate one for each different dive computer?

I do have one solid complaint - what gives with the two different cords? you cant tell me that this was designed by accident - its another $100.00 to spend -
Sherwood you really need to get your act together and become world class - by making this part of the computer when you buy it as well as the software. And then get someone out there that can take care of all these peoples software problems.
This computer is a very good computer and i liked it so much i purchased a second one -
Ive been to a few dive shops and youre name gets thrown around simply because of this problem and then there buying some other brand - if youre looking to loose market share - keep going the way you are and you'll get there without much more effort - if you want to increase your share - fix the problems - give away the cord and software and youll see your increase.

thanks,

john

John,

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the cables. The Wisdom 2 with the grey or blue buttons require the SDK200 cable while the 2010 9100 series with the chrome metal button requires the SDK400. In both cases, the software is free. This change was not made to inconvience divers and charge more money, but rather to utilize current technology. The new cable does not require the 2 minute countdown and is a plug and play version so the dive computer recognizes the cable to make it much easier to download. As far as making it part of the package, not everyone wants to download their dives so in an effort to stay price competitive, it is optional.
Safe diving,
Sherwood Scuba.

Thanks for the response - i understand about some people not wanting to download and thats all fine - however $100.00 for that cord is ridiculous - sorry i and the majority of the people that use this fine computer probably are agreeing about the cost and as for the two minute countdown - i could live with that and probably others as well - now if the new cord brought me dinner - well then i'd understand ( LOL : ) ) what you have described is not worth me paying another 100 for a cord that should be useable already between the two.

Hi... I have the Sherwood 2 with compass and Q/D. I have the cable for downloading the dives, however I misplaced the software. I was unsuccesful downloading it from the website, so can you please forward me the link or email it to me to dan at leorda dot com? I have the computer with the grey button.

Thanks,
Dan

I tried it; every time I try to login, it brings me back to the site, and asks me for the username and password. Can you email me the file to dan at leorda dot com? I am anccious to upload my last trip.

Thanks,
Dan

I just sent you 2 attachments for the manual you requested to your email address you requested I send it to. One is for the 2009 version and one is for pre-2009 versions. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom