Questions about the H-160 DPV trim weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just a few questions about the trim weights. Right now, I dive my scooter in fresh water quarries. With the 2- .8 lb trim weights that came with the DPV, it is rather negatively buoyant, yet once it gets going seems to "plane" out to neutral buoyancy (could be my imagination). Just to see what would happen, I took both trim weights out & the DPV was very positively buoyant with the motor end being negative (floated nose up). With 1 trim weight, it did about the same, just not quite as bad, the nose was just barely above the surface. Is the 2- .8 lb trim weights more for fresh or salt water? Is there another set of trim weights for the other type of water? If these .8 lb trim weights are better for fresh water, how much more would I need to add for salt water? I don't have any complaints, I'm just trying to get the most out of my DPV for any type of diving I may get to do with it. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom