Edmund Fitzgerald

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm sure this has been mentioned in the forum somewhere, but I had heard of a guy out of Chicago that ran charters on Lake Superior few years back....apparently this same guy dove the Fitzgerald on open circuit......the only one to do so.

Anybody have any details on this? Or know the full story?

...but I thought I remembered Terrance Tysall was one of only 2 guys to ever dive the Fitz on OC...

Terrence and Mike Zee did the dive in 1995. I belive there is an issue of AquaCorp or Deep Tech that had an article in it. What do you want to know about the dive?

You answered part of my question waterlover,

I had wondered if there had ever been an article on it and what they used in terms of gear, mixes, methods, interviews., etc.

bobert once bubbled...
Doppler, thanks for the link

You're welcome... one think that's not really detailed in this version are the several small mishaps they had during execution and the actual run times of the dive. I think the original story had both. Seem to recall the total inwater time was little more than four hours... but can't recall exactly. Anyone have that info?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom