Hollis F1 fins tearing in foot pocket..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdupreez

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Another bump on the F1 fins tearing in the foot pockets.

I had my fins for about 3-4 months with about 20-30 dives on them and they started to tear in the foot pockets.. :(

My LDS was more than happy to exchange them immediately, but I thought it would be prudent to post it here for Hollis' visibility.

This is for sure a weak spot in the fins from what I have seen in all the forums.. Your R&D folks are probably looking into it already I'm sure :)

GREAT fins btw - I love 'em ! If they'll endure the beating, this will be the last pair of fins I ever needed to buy! :eyebrow:

Another bump on the F1 fins tearing in the foot pockets.

I had my fins for about 3-4 months with about 20-30 dives on them and they started to tear in the foot pockets.. :(

My LDS was more than happy to exchange them immediately, but I thought it would be prudent to post it here for Hollis' visibility.

This is for sure a weak spot in the fins from what I have seen in all the forums.. Your R&D folks are probably looking into it already I'm sure :)

GREAT fins btw - I love 'em ! If they'll endure the beating, this will be the last pair of fins I ever needed to buy! :eyebrow:

Hi Kdupreez,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - Great to hear the replacement was made in such a timely manner.

There was a small run of F1's affected some time last year in which we have seen a few pairs tear in the corner of the foot pocket. This has since been corrected :wink:

Best Regards,

Nick, if you need anyone to test the new color fins, I would be happy to make that sacrifice, without any compensation, because I am a team player.

BTW, you were right on with the fin size for my rockboot (from decostop). My new hollis 18w led can light is pretty awsome too.

Hi Kdupreez,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - Great to hear the replacement was made in such a timely manner.

There was a small run of F1's affected some time last year in which we have seen a few pairs tear in the corner of the foot pocket. This has since been corrected :wink:

Best Regards,

Hi Nick, I was about to order a pair of these from LP. How do I know I am not getting a pair from the run you mentioned?

Thanks for the message, we have been shipping the revised pair for the last 12-14 months. Furthermore, most of the older model has been replaced. :D

Just received them, look great!! Can't wait to dive them off the NC in coast in a couple of months!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom