Parts interchangeability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfyrasng

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm assuming that back plates and wings are interchangeable among the different manufacturers. Is this correct?

For the most part, yes.

The biggest hold up is usually between plate brands which must use an STA and some wings which generally don't.

What are you mixing and matching?

usually, yes. if you use an sta, pretty much yes. if you're using cam bands, perhaps & perhaps not depending on where the slots are on the wing and the plate.

Not sure yet, gonna have to wait until my wife gets her OW cert. I'll be looking on the classifieds for used gear. The brands I've seen so far are Halcyon, DSS, Hollis, and DiveRite. Did I leave any out?

Not sure yet, gonna have to wait until my wife gets her OW cert. I'll be looking on the classifieds for used gear. The brands I've seen so far are Halcyon, DSS, Hollis, and DiveRite. Did I leave any out?
Oxycheq Mach V from Cave Adventurers is about the best value you're going to find. Call Ed for a package deal.

Here's the wing, pretty streamlined. It's a Halcyon plate (I have a H doubles wing), but the cheaper ones look just about the same.
n201400707_33008181_946803.jpg

Edd Sorenson, Cave Adventurers, he sells Oxycheq... and also Dive Rite, Light Monkey, OMS, etc. He owns the shop/fill station/boat rental on the Mill Pond in Marianna, FL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom