Replacing battery on Atmos 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogglebe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm trying to replace the battery on my dive computer; the guy at the shop wanted to charge me $10, in addition to the battery. He said the unit comes with the tools needed to do so.

Do I need a hex key to open the back of it? My computer didn't come with one (though it is second hand). The instructions aren't clear about getting access to the battery compartment.

Phil

I'm trying to replace the battery on my dive computer; the guy at the shop wanted to charge me $10, in addition to the battery. He said the unit comes with the tools needed to do so.

Do I need a hex key to open the back of it? My computer didn't come with one (though it is second hand). The instructions aren't clear about getting access to the battery compartment.

Phil

If you've never changed a computer battery, $10.00 plus the cost of battery is very reasonable. I believe that computer takes CR-2450 ( please verify) You can also get a battery replacement kit for the computer with new back & o-ring. The repair tech will probably let you watch so you can do it in the field in the future.:)

I brought it back to the shop and had it done; I'm glad I did. Not only did I not have the battery remover thingie, I also didn't have the hex key needed to remove the knife plate.

Now I just have to figure out how to slide those rubber sleeves over the the hose.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom