solo diving c-card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

washow88

Reaction score
I am overseas.
Yesterday, I went to a dive resort to sign with them for a dive trip. We chatted for quite a long time. They are very nice people and have a great hospitality.
When we were chatting, I mentioned my interest in taking a specialty course. They gave the list with the price list and they told me that they do not teach solo diving. I told them that I never heard about a solo diving specialty course. They insisted that PADI offer a solo diving certificate.
I think that they are wrong when they said this, but I am not sure if I am correct. Does PADI offer a sole diving certificate?

Um no, they don't. Read this for a good explaination of their view on solo diving

But wait! There's more! Check out
THIS. Appearantly PADI France has a solo course-in OW no less. I'm putting my oven mits on, this should get quite hot very soon....

I was going to write a distinctive speciality for PADI SOLO DIVER
but have not done so yet .....or never :boom:

SDI is THE solo agency

Think I will check out PADI France.

Once again , I will ask? If I write a solo course ,just exactly how do I certify the trainee diver without being on the dive myself?

If I were on the dive , it would not be a solo dive.

Ron

washow88 once bubbled...
I am overseas.
Yesterday, I went to a dive resort to sign with them for a dive trip. We chatted for quite a long time. They are very nice people and have a great hospitality.
When we were chatting, I mentioned my interest in taking a specialty course. They gave the list with the price list and they told me that they do not teach solo diving. I told them that I never heard about a solo diving specialty course. They insisted that PADI offer a solo diving certificate.
I think that they are wrong when they said this, but I am not sure if I am correct. Does PADI offer a sole diving certificate?

No.

SDI does. It's the only one I'm aware of.

R..

norcaldiver once bubbled...
Um no, they don't. Read this for a good explaination of their view on solo diving

THIS. Appearantly PADI France has a solo course-in OW no less. I'm putting my oven mits on, this should get quite hot very soon....

It didn't look to me like the solo course was a PADI course.

Check this out !

"PADI teaching is now recognised in more than 190 countries (USA, Australia, the Maldives, Egypt, Switzerland…). The French legislation recognizes PADI divers by giving them French training level credits. Here are the details:

Open Water Diver (18 metres, solo) :
In 9 sessions, you will learn solo diving: dive tables, orientation, and the technique and the pleasure of underwater discovery.

Ron

Ron Brandt once bubbled...

Once again , I will ask? If I write a solo course ,just exactly how do I certify the trainee diver without being on the dive myself?

If I were on the dive , it would not be a solo dive.

Ron

It would be if you ignored your buddy....LOL

Is it time to cut up my PADI cards?

norcaldiver once bubbled...

You may have read it incorrectly. If you read the French page they use the word "autonomie", which has several meanings in English, including 'independenly', 'self-sufficiently' and so forth. They probably made 'solo' from it not realising that it would cause confusion. In other words, it's probably just a bad translation from French to English.

R..

Back
Top Bottom