sea hunt or diving show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
last week i sent the following email to the outdoor life tv network, feedback@olntv.com

to whom it may concern,
My name is Richard Lopez. I am a scuba diver who has had an interest in scuba since I was a boy. I use to watch the Sea Hunt show whenever I could. A few months ago I found that you were airing the program and I was elated. Then you started covering the tour de france. I was upset, but understood that there was a large audience for the tour. I expected that after the tour we would get our Sea Hunt show back. To my dismay, and I am sure to that of other divers, you took the show off the air. I had posted information on numerous dive websites that you were showing Sea Hunt. Then you took it off the air. There are many divers in the world and especially here in the U.S. Would you please consider bringing back Sea Hunt and maybe even a weekly show on scuba diving. The show can have segments on equipment, destinations, scuba news, training and personalities. Maybe a segment were you follow an individual or a family through their dive training. This may bring more people into diving,expose people to diving and answer questions people may have about diving. I think there will be a large audience for this type of show. It could be advertised by the numerous diving organizations and magazines doing articles about the show. It could be piloted as a 1/2 hour show twice a week, to see if the market is right, which I think it will be. Diving organizations like PADI and NAUI, tourist promoters to diving locations like the Cayman Islands and Florida, and equipment manufacturers would, I am sure, purchase advertising during the show. Divers are about as outdoors people as you can get. Many of us when not diving, participate in many outdoors activities, sports, hiking, cycling, and camping. Please bring us onto the OLNTV team by providing us with our own part of your programming. Thank you for reading this and please let me know what you think of my suggestion

i received a response that they would give my email to "programming" i would like to enlist others to write olntv and maybe we could get a show also. they cover some far out, outdoor activities its time we got some air. hope you all agree. thanks in advance to those who can support my cause.

I too sent an email like that to OLN Canada in regards to diving and freediving programming and got the same .

After waiting a few months I cancelled that part of my Expressvu satalite programming package and not seen the channel since.

If we could get Sea Hunt on or Sport Diver back,and I know Sport Diver is still in production as I took a Dan course with one of the vidographers who was off to Cayman for six weeks of shooting.

Ron

Yea,
I got to see ONE episode before the Tour de France took over! I was bumming!

My local LDS even took out a 30 second commercial during the show here in NY! It was cool!

Anyway, I have an e-mail address for a gentleman who SELLS VHS and DVD episodes of Sea Hunt! he claims that his copies are direct from the original 16mm films or something.

PM me if you'd like his name and address.

He has a posting on the Vintage Bulletin Board at: http://www.vintagescubasupply.com/

They also sell vintage double hose regulators, parts, service, and T-shirts and stuff. Neat place!

Closest thing we (ScubaBoardParticipants) have to weekly dive shows is the Undersea Detectives Tuesday nights @ 8p on the History Channel.

There's also some series on Thur nights @9p on the National Geographic station concerning undersea adventures. Last time I saw it they had Clive Cussler's team searching for wreackage of the Mary Celeste.

are pretty rabid fans, I doubt there is much interest outside of our circle. The show in actuality has awful production values, writing, acting, AND on top of that Mike Nelson couldn't dive to save his butt. I think it would be a good candidate for a remake, but again the rather small audience base would, and what would probably be very high production costs make it an awfully risky move for a production company to undertake.

any body ever see that movie/documentary that Lloyd Bridges narrated back in the early 70's called SCUBA?

I know that was on video a while back, although not widely distributed.

thanks for the responses.

Ron- i won't hold my breath above or below the water. i just had to try something. thanks for your input

scoobie doo- sent you a pm for the address thanks.

diverjed- thanks for the info. i am going to try and find the doc. i am sure its outdated but would be interesting to see,

Gr8fldiver- your right not one of the best made shows but you saw bubbles. they had the same concerns with the original with production costs.

thanks all, just thought i'd try something. stay safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom