One H too many?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aw, c'mon. I see at least two other products on that page that would look better with blue H's: bungee necklaces and bolt snaps!

Apropos, I thought necklaces with the loop that the mouthpiece went through which allowed you to easily pull the reg out were frowned upon? Maybe I'm misreading the picture....

Its sad that they got rid of the "DIR dive systems" in their logo.

Also, my "H" Bolt snaps are the best bolt snaps 30 dollars can buy :)

Apropos, I thought necklaces with the loop that the mouthpiece went through which allowed you to easily pull the reg out were frowned upon? Maybe I'm misreading the picture....

I had the same thoughts in fundies. In reality the mass produced neck bungee is still a much prefered alternative over the other systems. They cannot properly instruct how to install a custom shock-cord necklace for everyone I guess.

I had the same thoughts in fundies. In reality the mass produced neck bungee is still a much prefered alternative over the other systems. They cannot properly instruct how to install a custom shock-cord necklace for everyone I guess.

I think Bob explicitly said as much.

drdrdiver:
my "H" Bolt snaps are the best bolt snaps 30 dollars can buy

Exactly. That's why they need the blue H :D

I am a big Halycon and GUE fan but I had to chuckle at this latest addition of their logo on equipment. H's on spring straps? They may have crossed the line with this new entry. IJS..

Attachment Hardware | Halcyon Dive Systems

As a marketing guy, it makes sense to brand everything you can. Besides, how else are people gonna know we paid too much for 'em?

myprecious1.jpg

Last edited:
As a marketing guy guy, it makes sense to brand everything you can. Besides, how else are people gonna know we paid too much for 'em?

As a scuba diver and not a NASCAR race car or driver's jumpsuit I am drawing the line on any further logos. Thankfully, I have a spare set of Halcyon spring straps sans the H's...:wink:

Its sad that they got rid of the "DIR dive systems" in their logo.

Also, my "H" Bolt snaps are the best bolt snaps 30 dollars can buy :)

Yeah, no kidding! The Halcyon sourced bolt snaps are crazy expensive! They should get rid of the blue H, and replace it with a green $.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom