Apollo Split Fins - Lost by Alsea Crab Hole - Waldport, Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drdaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
RE: Apollo Split Fins - Lost by Alsea Crab Hole - Waldport, Oregon

Dear Scuba Friends,

They are probably long gone, but I left a pair of fins down at the Crab Hole today, Saturday, July 3rd, 2010.

I am writing in case someone comes by your shop and says that they found them. Not much chance, but just in case.

I went diving today, and either left them on the beach or else in the driftwood. I was experimenting with different weights and had left some weights up in the driftwood. After my dive I went up to retrieve the weights and set my favorite fins down. I will describe the driftwood area I was in. When you go down the trail and reach the beach, you will be in a bunch of driftwood. If you were to turn right and go about 30 - 50 ft, you would be in the general area where I might have left my Apollo Fins in the driftwood.

In case someone doesn't know what I mean by the Alsea Crab Hole, I'll identify it more clearly. Going South, one goes over the bridge, through town, and then past the seawall to the little store on the right (west). You just turn right on Waziyata Avenue and goes a little more than a 10th of a mile and then there is a path down to the Alsea Bay. Going down this path and then to the Bay, at low tide, and then diving, one will come to rock walls which descend into the "Crab Hole" - which is really a number of canyons where crabs can sometimes be found.

If you find them - please PM me.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom