SR1 whistling sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquapro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi, my SR1 makes a whistling sound while inhaling during diving. i tried to find out where it was coming from when i was on the surface, and the whistling sound was coming from the 1st stage. i did this by pressing the purge button on the 2nd stage & the octo too (while on the surface), then the 1st stage made that "whistling sound".

it performs very well, i am very happy with this reg. its just that sound, it is quite annoying, so i want to get rid of that whisling sound.

any suggestions?

My Aeris DVT first stage does the that as well. Mine has done it for a couple of years even after beeing serviced. It is annoying but I finally have learned to tune it out.

Please take your SR1 regulator to any authorized dealer to have this inspected and repaired. In most cases it is a slight adjustment that will elimate the whistling sound.

In a balanced piston first stage, it is almost always due to vibration of the piston. That in turn is normally caused by inadequate lubrication of the piston stem o-ring,or in some cases the piston head o-ring. In rare cases where lubrication is not the issue and o-ring replacement did not resolve the problem, I have had to adjust the IP to a slightly different pressure to eliminate the harmonics.

ok.. thank you. i will bring it to my LDS for inspection. =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom