Another DM ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In looking through the study material for the PADI DM course, there really isn't any reading to do for the dive skills and environment exam. All the people out there who have taken this exam, what did you use to study? I've been going back through my OW manual for the dive skills.

Thanks.

Most of my studying was done with the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and the Diving Knowledge Workbook. This seemed to provide most of the information I needed. Good luck with the studying.

Maggie once bubbled...
Most of my studying was done with the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and the Diving Knowledge Workbook. This seemed to provide most of the information I needed. Good luck with the studying.

That is all you need to know for PADI DM. It is right out of the workbook. If you have read the book and did the workbook you will do fine. Don't read too much into it. Wanting to know more is cool and highly recommended BUT don't do it for the exam do it for you own benifit.

Pete

has to do with general diving practices/knowledge. Like stated above, reading of both/either book should be sufficient, but you'll find you'll relate some of the questions to actual diving experiences.

By the way, which LDS are you with in the area?

Jason

I used the CD ROM version of the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and the Diving Knowledge Workbook.

This is a really great value and you will make use of it if you become an instructor.

PLUS there are some really cool videos,like how a scuba tank is made.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom