Biodry FX100 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there someone using that drysuit who could tell his/her impression about it?

I'm looking for a drysuit and these look very nice.

Am I understanding correctly that the material is somewhat stretchy?

I'm not very high (63 in), but i'm large, so I don't usualy fit in of the rack suit.

Its amazing... it does stretch, about 20%, its cut quite nice, and you can get it fitting pretty snug (no air pockets!) and still be able to bend in all directions due to the stretch. Its pretty durable, easy to don and doff, looks great and is very well made.

I own 2 suits at the moment, the other suit will not be touched again until the hollis is out for service.

I have about 10 dives on mine so far. it is very comfortable and is somewhat stretchy makes getting it on that much easier. It seems to dry quickly and it looks and feels well made.

How's the buoyancy and insulation? Is it comparable to neoprene? Seems like (from the description and photos) it's more buoyant and insulating than trilam. I wonder how these will hold up in the long term.

It is a trilam material, just stretchy. No insulation whatsoever. Lighter than some trilam alternatives, heavier than others.

Its pretty bomb-proof material from what i have seen so far.

I just got mine and trimmed the seals yesterday. It will make the maiden dive tomorrow morning. After looking the suit over it appears to be very well made and definately "cave" cut. My only frustration is the Hollis undergarments that are on permanent backorder. I was promised several dates, the last being August 1st. That day has passed and I still don't have the undergarment. I really wish I would not have sold my other undergarment with the old drysuit. At least the drysuit finally showed up.

The undergarment is nice, can seem kind of snug in the shoulders, but it fits well in the suit. The material does stretch, and so if you follow the size guide on the Hollis page, it should fit well. Myself and one other diver I dive with have one. He thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread, I have mixed feelings about it. I have found several Micro leaks at the taped seams. When I turn it inside out to try and find the leaking area, it is almost impossible to track down because the number of seams, so the air could be traveling from just about anywhere and running under the tape and then out.

I do like the snug fit though. It is kind of like wearing a Whites Fusion, it stays close to the body, thus creating very little drag. Movement isn't an is either, even if you have a little squeeze going on.

Just my two cents and views.

I have 5 dives on mine. Good, durable material with thicker seals than others. The feet are a little big and baggy, but I like the pseudo gator leg straps. I need to trim the neck seal as well. I like the front zip design. It doesn't require two people to get into. Still looking for a good undergarment.

Back
Top Bottom