HD 100 weight pocket broken...HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idivethere4iam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone from Hollis check this board?

I bought an HD 100 and a month or so ago. Used it in the pool a few times to get used to it and loved it. Took it to Bonaire on the 19th of last month. Walked down to gear room pulled pocket handle to throw some weight in it and snap the t-handle broke (3rd dive on brand new BCD). Did the same on the other side and it was fine and no issues. I was able to remove weight pocket by undoing the buckle and not have to ruin my week of diving. Probably would have been a differnt story if I were underwater, got in a pinch and that handle broke off in my dive buddies hand!

This looks like a quick fix, if I can get anyone from Hollis to return my calls or emails and send me a new part. Id even be happy to send the broken peices back so they can see what happened and make them stronger.

Steve

Does anyone from Hollis check this board?

I bought an HD 100 and a month or so ago. Used it in the pool a few times to get used to it and loved it. Took it to Bonaire on the 19th of last month. Walked down to gear room pulled pocket handle to throw some weight in it and snap the t-handle broke (3rd dive on brand new BCD). Did the same on the other side and it was fine and no issues. I was able to remove weight pocket by undoing the buckle and not have to ruin my week of diving. Probably would have been a differnt story if I were underwater, got in a pinch and that handle broke off in my dive buddies hand!

This looks like a quick fix, if I can get anyone from Hollis to return my calls or emails and send me a new part. Id even be happy to send the broken peices back so they can see what happened and make them stronger.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Please contact our Customer Service team (Ron or Mark) at 510-729-5110 ext.761. They would be happy to get this sorted for you.

Best Regards,

Thanks Nick ill give them a call.

Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom