Adjusting the Spring Strap on my F1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KaizerWilhelm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey y'all,

I searched and couldn't find a thing about this so...
How do I adjust the spring strap on my F1? Is it as easy as I think it is? Just unscrew both screws and then push the strap in further and screw it back in again?

Any advice is appreciated!

Kaizer

Hey y'all,

I searched and couldn't find a thing about this so...
How do I adjust the spring strap on my F1? Is it as easy as I think it is? Just unscrew both screws and then push the strap in further and screw it back in again?

Any advice is appreciated!

Kaizer

Hi Kaizer,

Depending on how much the straps need to be adjusted, you will either need to adjust one side or both. But it is as easy as that. There are two settings on either side - forward or back. There are also two sets of extra hardware included with the fins.

Thanks for your questions. :wink:

Hi Nick,

What are the "two sets of extra hardware included with the fins"???

I bought my F1's from a dive shop here in Australia who get them from Oceanicaus and I never got any extra hardware!?!?! Just 2 fins in a plastic bag. No warranty card or anything.

Are we poor cousins down here yet again??

Thanks Nick. I was hoping you'd write something!

I didn't get the warranty card or extra hardware either. I didn't even get a plastic bag. Is my warranty still good or no?

In fact how long is the warranty???

Given the occasional problem with the foot pocket tearing I'd like to know.

BTW I do love the fins - awesome!!!

Just picked up my Bat Fins yesterday, and got them in the pool today for a spin. So far so good. Very powerful. Will take a little time to adjust my kick to these fins which are quite a bit more stiff than I'm accustom to.
What are the "two sets of extra hardware included with the fins"???
Notice on the fin that there are two sets of pins.

photo.jpg

Only one is needed, either front or back. If you adjust the spring to the front position, you'll need to remove the rear. From the factory the spring is set to the back position.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom