GUE Fundamentals class Sept 2nd-5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've set up a class for my fiance with Mark Messersmith on Thursday Sept 2 - Sunday Sept 5th in High Springs Florida. She's looking for some other people to dive with if anyone is interested please send me a message. Mark is a great guy, very patient and knowledgeable, he helped teach my Tech 1 course and my experience was awesome. She'll be taking the course in doubles and a drysuit and we'll be staying in florida for the week after class to get some fun diving in. We'll Probably make a two or three day trip down to silent world in Key Largo and then hit WPB on the way back up. We're going to try and do the trip on a budget, still figuring out lodging options, etc. For more information get a hold of Mark through the GUE website, I know he offers an all inclusive price but I've yet to get all of the details.

Class details | Global Underwater Explorers

Nick

My wife and I noticed this class being given and might be interested. I haven't contacted Mark yet--so far, we've just reached the point of saying "we really should take this class." We've been to High Springs before.

mark is a fantastic instructor and a great guy. you guys will have a great time

And you will be amazed by what you learn!
My only regret is not taking the class sooner :)!

And you will be amazed by what you learn!
My only regret is not taking the class sooner :)!

What she said! :D

I was out of town for the last week, sorry for not replying sooner. We're still looking for 1 to 3 students to make the class a go. If no one signs up I'm honestly thinking about going through the course again. Like everyone else said Mark is a great instructor, I can't speak highly enough about him. The class will be held at Blue Grotto. Let me know if you'd like more details.

Nick

Looks like we're going to pass on this class, at least this time around. My wife--the person I want to take the class with so that we can learn to be the best dive buddies we can be--is spooked by the idea of diving in unfamiliar gear (BP/W, "long hose" reg, etc.), thinking it's going to turn her off from diving altogether, since she's "only" interested in doing leisurely, recreational, warm-water diving. I've tried to share my thoughts with her and urged her to just call Mark and talk with him, as I'm sure he does not bite--at least not through the phone. But no dice. She wants us to spend the money on a Bonaire trip around that time, so if we ever do overcome her reluctance, we won't take the class until maybe next summer.

Looks like we're going to pass on this class, at least this time around. My wife--the person I want to take the class with so that we can learn to be the best dive buddies we can be--is spooked by the idea of diving in unfamiliar gear (BP/W, "long hose" reg, etc.), thinking it's going to turn her off from diving altogether, since she's "only" interested in doing leisurely, recreational, warm-water diving. I've tried to share my thoughts with her and urged her to just call Mark and talk with him, as I'm sure he does not bite--at least not through the phone. But no dice. She wants us to spend the money on a Bonaire trip around that time, so if we ever do overcome her reluctance, we won't take the class until maybe next summer.

I can appreciate her concerns. You might want to get her rigged up for your bonaire trip (and a couple of trips to the pool first) so she's comfy with BP/W and long hose (5ft I use and easier I think to start off with - no slack). She'll find it all easy and more pleasant than her current rig (hopefully) and then when it comes to doing whatever course she won't have any issues about the config.

But seriously suggest you don't try to get her trying a new rig and course at the same time. Too many new things to get your head around and no need really.

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom