Sealife Camera in Yellow Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darcey

Contributor
Reaction score
My boyfriend lost our Sealife camera March 2009 while diving the Blue Hole in Belize. I don't recall what model (I think DC600) but it was in a bright yellow housing.

Probably a lost cause at this point in time, but you never know!:cool2:

Thanks!

Did it have a strobe which makes it float, or was it a sinker? Very deep hole. I finally got a flotation strap for my Sealife for when I use it without strobe. Was his name on it?

No strobe, but it was a floater. (I know this because I've seen him "drop it" before and it did float up.) No name on it to my knowledge. He's not talking to me right now *rolls eyes* so I have no way of asking him. :argue:

Da##.... that is a shame and I know how that feels (been there and done that).

Don't know if this will help ease the blow - but I have a real steal on a camera and housing here ... a much better setup and upgrade to the sealife you lost!

All the best,

Jim

No strobe, but it was a floater. (I know this because I've seen him "drop it" before and it did float up.) No name on it to my knowledge. He's not talking to me right now *rolls eyes* so I have no way of asking him. :argue:
Yeah, I found a pic of one of my yellow housing Sealifes I shot of my buddy with it floating from his wrist. The currents from Belize go to Mexico, around the Gulf, between Florida and Cuba, up to Brooklyn, over to Iceland and the UK and it's probly near Ireland if it didn't land first...
_44784802_turtle_map_466.gif
All true, but in jest as it's hopeless without a name on it. Too bad he didn't learn to tighten the strap or clip off the first time it floated away, but he can get a much better camera for little these days. DC500 - 5mp (his was a 1 or 3) often go for $200 on ebay and here, so - should he honor you with his conversion again :shakehead:
You can show him where to upgrade cheaply;

Then show him how to work the strap set and clip; :D
I made a strap set for my granddaughter's camera this week from a tiny cable tie, but the Sealife strap has a fancy one, and a clip.

Too bad you lost the vacation pics. I like to download daily or carry a new card for each day just in case. Good luck with him or you next dive buddy. :eyebrow:

You can show him where to upgrade cheaply;

Then show him how to work the strap set and clip; :D
I made a strap set for my granddaughter's camera this week from a tiny cable tie, but the Sealife strap has a fancy one, and a clip.

Heh. Yeah, we had a talk about camera clips and I bought him a super nice one for his new DC1200 he bought before we went to Bonaire in March.

Good luck with him or you next dive buddy. :eyebrow:

Thanks! I need it at this point!:blinking:

Heh. Yeah, we had a talk about camera clips and I bought him a super nice one for his new DC1200 he bought before we went to Bonaire in March.
Ah, he has a new & fancier one. Glad it survived the roundtrip and hope you got a lot of nice pics.

I generally do slide the adjustable set on the strap so that it snug on my wrist for much of the dive. His DC1200 should have come with both, but I doubt that it floats without strobe so it might be good for him to have a strap that does, complete with clip and set. From SeaLife SL920 Float Strap
SLFFS.jpg
Thanks! I need it at this point!:blinking:
Either way, lots of young diving males looking for lady buddies. :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom